Frequently Asked Questions
Give us a call today: 425-880-0048
If you’re a homeowner in Bellevue or the surrounding area, sometimes you just need a quick answer to an HVAC question. Whether it’s a concern about the age of your system, or a question regarding our maintenance plan, we’ve got you convered!
Below are some of our most popular and frequently asked questions. If you still don’t see an answer to your question, don’t hesitate to give us a call today!
What are some reasons I might need a furnace repair in Bellevue?
Furnaces have limited service lives, even with the best regular maintenance and prompt repair services.
How long does a furnace last in Washington?
Furnaces have limited service lives, even with the best regular maintenance and prompt repair services. You can expect a gas furnace to last for around 15 years, and electric furnaces for 20.
How long does an air conditioning system last in Washington?
Central air conditioning systems will last for 10–15 years on average. Regular maintenance will help get an AC to the higher estimate.
What does your HVAC maintenance program include?
- 3 tune-ups for the first year
- 2 annual tune-ups: 1 cooling, 1 heating
- 15% discount on repairs
- $75 loyalty credit on purchase or renewal—to be used for
- new equipment
- Priority Service
- Same-day service
- Inflation control in case program price increases
- 5-year parts and labor warranty on repair parts
- No Overtime charges
- Special pricing for equipment
- Reduced Diagnostic Fee: $50 off
Which type of water heater is best for living in Washington?
Both tank and tankless water heaters work well for Washington. The type of water heater that best fits the individual needs of a home are different, however, so we recommend you work with our professionals to find what water heater model is ideal. Tankless water heaters tend to work better for smaller households where there aren’t multiple hot water taps on at one time.
How often should I be replacing my furnace filter?
This filter needs to be changed every 1 to 3 months while the furnace is in regular use. Simple panel filters need to be changed most often, while stronger pleated filters and media filters will need less frequent replacements.
What does your AC installation process in Bellevue look like?
After first meeting with you, our technicians will perform a load calculation to determine how much cooling power your house requires. We’ll find the right size unit based on this calculation as well as your input on what features you want. On the day of the installation, we’ll first remove your current AC (if you have one) for recycling, then put in the new unit, connect it to the ductwork and power, and test it. The process will take a few hours.
How long does a water heater last in Washington?
A tank water heater will last for 10–12 years, and a tankless water heater can last for 20 years.
What are the benefits of a ductless system?
- Can be easily installed in homes that lack ductwork
- Higher energy efficiency than ducted systems
- Flexible for targeting hard to heat-and-cool areas and for add-on rooms and room conversions
- Zone control—only heat and cool the rooms that need it
- Improved indoor air quality
What are some signs that I might need a new water heater?
- The volume of hot water has dropped
- Water won’t get as hot as it used to
- Reddish discoloration in the hot water
- Corrosion on the water heater
- Large increase in your heating costs
- The unit is past its manufacturer’s estimated service life
What brand of equipment do you work on?
We work on all brands, and we’re a certified American Standard Customer Care Dealer.
What is the price of a tune-up?
What kind of payments can the tech take? Can they take cash?
Our technicians can take cash, checks or credit cards
Do you carry parts at your location for purchase?
Sorry, we do not.
Do we do duct cleaning?
Although we offer several services for ducts, we do not offer duct cleaning.
What is the lifespan of my HVAC system?
This depends on the type you have and how often it receives maintenance (we recommend each HVAC system have maintenance annually). Here are estimates for several systems with regular maintenance:
- Gas furnace: 15 years
- Electric furnace: 20 years
- Central air conditioner: 10–15 years
- Heat pump: 10–15 years