Have you gotten your heater its yearly maintenance yet?
If not, there’s no time like the present. We all know how cold it can get around here and how quickly it can happen. That means that it is best to ensure that your heater is in good working order, even if you haven’t started to use it yet. After all, maintenance now is always better than dealing with a breakdown later.
As we said, there’s no time like the present. However, we understand if you want to make sure that you are doing your due diligence. We can help with that. Here is everything you need to know about why booking heating maintenance in Bellevue ASAP is a great idea.
What Heater Maintenance Involves
Getting a tune-up for your heater isn’t a small, inconsequential service. This service should be performed by professionals and can help to prevent a multitude of problems along with helping your system do its job more easily. There are multiple aspects to maintenance, which include:
- Checking amperage and electrical connections
- Checking any gas connections
- Checking parts for rust or wear
- Adjusting loose parts
- Lubricating dry belts
- Cleaning dust off of components in the system
- Testing performance of the heater
All of these tasks add up to help your heater do its job effectively and efficiently.
How Maintenance Benefits You
Yes, there are plenty of tasks that are taken care of when a technician performs maintenance for your heating system. But are those tasks helpful? Yes! There are multiple benefits that come from having a professional perform maintenance on your heater, which includes:
- Better system efficiency: Regular maintenance will help your system perform more efficiently. This is because it helps to prevent a loss of up to 5% of your energy efficiency.
- Better system effectiveness: Another perk of maintenance is that your system will perform more effectively. The small inefficiencies in the system that are addressed by the tune-up will help improve and optimize your heater’s performance.
- Fewer system repairs: When your heater gets regular maintenance, it helps to prevent additional problems from occurring over the course of its lifespan. This is because the small issues addressed during a tune-up will not escalate into a full repair need.
- Longer system lifespan: You will see a lot more use from a well-maintained heater. A heater that gets maintained regularly can last closer to 15 years rather than barely reaching 10 years before it needs replacement.
- Better system safety: A well-maintained heater is far safer to use. This is because a tune-up that addresses issues that might turn into repair needs also helps prevent those same issues from developing into safety hazards later.
Overall, maintenance is a highly beneficial service that should never be underestimated. Scheduling your appointment for a heater tune-up now will allow you to more easily get the day and time that works best for your schedule.
Connecting you to comfort since 1979. Contact the team at WSB HVAC to schedule your heater tune-up now.