Are you considering a system upgrade? You may have been having trouble with one or both of your home comfort systems and it has reached a stage where you are debating if repairs are worth it anymore. But that doesn’t make the price tag attached to an upgrade that much easier to handle.
We understand the hesitation. Investing in an HVAC replacement in Bellevue, WA is a big decision. It helps to understand that it is a great investment that pays you back!
How To Tell It Is Time for an HVAC Replacement
It isn’t always obvious if your heater or air conditioner is on its last leg. It can be tough to figure out whether or not you need a replacement before the system in question gives out. That’s why it helps to know what the signs are of a system that needs to be upgraded.
- System age: If you don’t know how old your heater or AC unit is, then it is time to find out. The age of your system can be one of the earliest signs that it is time to prepare for a system replacement. You should begin preparing to replace a system that is between 10–15 years old.
- Repair frequency: You shouldn’t need repairs for your HVAC system(s) more often than once every three years. If repairs are now a yearly occurrence then it means you need an upgrade in the near future.
- Repair price: There is such a thing as a repair bill that is simply too high. A good rule of thumb to determine this is when the cost of a repair is equal to or more than half the price of a new system. At this stage, your money is better invested in a new HVAC system.
The Benefits of a System Upgrade
Are you becoming convinced that you need a system upgrade? You aren’t going to have to do this alone. We are here to make the replacement process easier, starting with providing reassurance that an upgrade is well worth it. Here’s why:
- Effectiveness: A new system will prove more effective at its job than one that is 10 years old or more. The upgrade will be without any wear and tear along with providing the benefits of the new technology that has developed over the last decade.
- Efficiency: Upgrading your HVAC system will also increase your system efficiency. Rather than trying to get by with a system that just can’t keep up its efficiency level and is costing you more money for less comfort, you’ll get a system that has top-tier efficiency levels.
- Reduced Upkeep: A newer HVAC system will also have reduced maintenance needs. Maintenance should still happen but it will be free for the first several years. What’s more, you shouldn’t need a repair for several years after the upgrade.
Is a Heat Pump a Good Choice?
Need to upgrade both your heater and your AC at once? If you don’t already use one, you should consider switching to a heat pump system that provides both heating and cooling.
Contact WSB HVAC to get a timely and effective replacement for your heater and/or air conditioner. Connecting you to comfort since 1979.